CARLE PLACE UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Office of Special Education and Pupil Personnel Services
Steps for Mandated Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse or Maltreatment
The following actions must be taken to report suspected cases of child abuse or maltreatment:
- Call the mandated reporter phone line – (800) 635 – 1522.
- Note the date, time of call and the name of the caseworker.
- Ask the caseworker for the “Call ID” (this information is entered on the mandated reporter form).
- The caseworker will indicate if the case can be registered as a report, if you are not satisfied with the caseworker’s determinations you may at any time request to speak to a supervisor.
- Immediately report to the building Principal or designee.
- If a report is made, NYS form # LDS221A : Report of Suspected Child Abuse or Maltreatment (click here for form).
- Give the paperwork to the Principal or designee for mailing
- A local CPS caseworker will initiate an investigation within 24 hours of a registered report.
- Summary guide for Mandated Reporters in NYS. (Click here)